Introduction to PowerPivot:
PowerPivot is a Self-Service BI Tool from Microsoft. It is basically a data mashup and data exploration tool allowing us to analyze millions of records from variety of different sources in a matter of few minutes or even seconds. It is based on a in-memory technology known as “xVelocity”, which operates in memory and does all the necessary calculations within memory thereby offering a very high-speed data analysis/exploration.
It comes in two flavors:
- PowerPivot Add-In for Excel (Excel 2010 and above)
- PowerPivot for SharePoint
Here are some features of PowerPivot:
- Similar to Excel, making it easier for business users, data analysts, and excel users etc.
- Is available freely as an add-in for Excel.
- Can be installed in just few minutes and you can get started with analysis.
- Supports a wide variety of data sources.
- PowerPivot formulas/expressions (DAX) are very similar to Excel formulas/expressions.
- Due to it’s similarity to Excel, it’s very easy to adopt, and can be quickly adopted.
I am sharing very useful links, how you can create and use PowerPivot with SharePoint.
PowerPivot Part 1 – Loading Data
PowerPivot Part 2 – Preparing data
PowerPivot Part 3 – Analysis
PowerPivot Part 4 – Sharing in SharePoint 2010
PowerPivot Part 5 – Management
Introduction to Excel PowerPivot:
Important: If you are using the 32-bit version of Excel 2010, you must use the 32-bit version of PowerPivot. If you are using the 64-bit version of Excel 2010, you must use the 64-bit version of PowerPivot. The versions are not interchangeable.
PowerPivot: Install the PowerPivot Add-In for Excel
In my coming article i will give you a demo, how to create PowerPivot in Excel 2013 and how to upload it to SharePoint 2013.
If you like this post please click LIKE and visit my sponsors thanks !!!
In this post I am giving you basic overview of service scheduling process in Dynamics CRM 2011. Services are created by service manager (having role of system admin or service scheduler) and all appropriate resources are added to it. Once this process is completed service activity can be scheduled by service representative.
Some of the benefits of Service Scheduling include the following:
• Scheduling tighter appointments while improving service quality
• Preventing over-scheduling with predictable workloads for employees
• Ensuring reliable time estimates for your customers and clients
In this post I am going to explain recommended about capacity planning for SharePoint 2010. First I would like to give you some relevant pieces of information.
- A site collection can be moved to another content database.
- A single site collection is connected to a single content database.
- You can set the content database status to offline to prevent new site collections being connected to such a content database.
In this post i am going to explain how to transfer bulk InfoPath forms from current SharePoint library to archive SharePoint library.
Recently I have requirement from inventory control department to copy all InfoPath from current folder to archive folder where machine’s disposal status is “Collected by CDL”, “Broken up for parts” or “Sold to Scrumpymacs”.