Warning: InfoPath Forms Services forms cannot be filled out in a Web browser because no State Service connection is configured.
This error occurs when there is no service connection for state service is configured.
If you click on this hyper link, you will get this description of warning message.
This window gives us detail of warning, severity, category, explanation and remedy.
If you click on remedy it will take you at technet page http://technet.microsoft.com/library/ff805082.aspx
It shows you, cause and resolutions
It is showing two causes:
- The Render form templates that are browser-enabled by users check box in Central Administration is unticked.
- The following Windows PowerShell command has been run: Set-SPInfoPathFormsService -AllowUserFormBrowserRendering $false.
Before to enable option ticked for allow user form browser rendering, we need to check either state service application is created or not? Because when you install SharePoint server and don’t run auto configuration wizard, installation wizard does not create state service application.
Create new State Service Application using Power Shall commands
1. Create a new state service application:
New-SPStateServiceApplication -Name “VmServer State Service Application”
2. Create new database for state service application
New-SPStateServiceDatabase -Name “VM_StateServiceDB” -ServiceApplication “VmServer State Service Application”
3. Create proxy for new state service application and add it to default proxy group
New-SPStateServiceApplicationProxy -Name “VM State Service Application Proxy” -ServiceApplication “VM State Service Application” –DefaultProxyGroup
If you don’t want to add application proxy into default proxy group, you can omit this parameter.
Final two steps
- Go to Central Admin click on Application Management then click on Manage Web Applications, highlight the web application, which you want to choose, then choose “Service Connections” and check the “State Service”
2. Make sure to Enable browser rendering of user forms by using Central Administration
Click on General Application Settings in central
Click on configure InfoPath forms services; make sure first two check boxes are ticked.
Now if you reanalyze, warning message you received earlier, it should resolve thanks!